Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Give ‘em Your Love By Jonathan Coombs

                The ensemble shouldn’t be called the Unloved for long, because the audience completely adores them. The Tristan and Yseult production by Kneehigh is a must see. I’d stop typing this now, but there is a required length. Sooo…. Yeah.

                The cast was amazing, working with the audience as well as each other. There was a very memorable moment where the audience was asked to blow up balloons for the entrance of two characters. Not only was it fun for the audience, but it allowed for an improvised moment between an actor and an audience member. The audience member tied the balloon and was not supposed to. The cast member spoke to her, saying that she clearly tied the balloon. It was a fantastic moment for everyone except her. I could go into detail describing each actor and how well they performed. But all I need to say is as long as you have the money and the means to get to a theatre, there is no reason not to see it.

                Now I’ll just spend a paragraph writing in the point of view of someone who doesn’t like it. Please welcome Paddy the Pessimist.

                Thank you for having me. Oh, how much I hate having fun and generally enjoying life. I saw a kid with an ice cream cone today, so I knocked it out of his hand. Anyway, the play. The cast was too energetic and too good at performing it. The writing had too much comedy and had too much tragedy woven together tighter than a spiders web. Overall the play was just too bad. Bad bad bad. Now excuse me, I have to get myself another spoonful of baby seal.

                There we go. I hope you have an understanding of who would not like the show. I’m sorry if this seems a little slapdash, I just have nothing to say other than go watch it.




Why are you still here? GO WATCH IT!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with this. I thought that the audience to actor interaction was one of the best aspects of the performance! Such a good show.

    ReplyDelete