Thursday, March 19, 2015

Stella Was a Hella Good by Emily Pisacreta


I have never felt more important than when a waiter at Stella’s Italian restaurant used tongs to place a cube of the best garlic bread I have ever tasted onto my plate. Located in the South End of Boston, this is not your traditional Italian restaurant. With sheik, long white tables and glass- backed chairs the restaurant did not feel like a place where you would get a good, home-style Italian meal. However, that is exactly what I got.

            We sat down at the table, and immediately two waiters were on either side of the table to help answer our questions about the menu. While we sat deciding on food we were constantly getting refills on our waters and being offered more bread. When it was finally time to order, I decided on a Caesar salad and spaghetti with cheese and garlic sauce. Now, I love Italian food, so I was excited for my meal. But starting with a salad in a bowl as sheik as the interior of the restaurant, Stella’s surpassed my expectations. I could have eaten only the salad all night; the dressing complimented the cheese and small chunks of leafy green lettuce perfectly. I had to stop myself from filling up on the salad, because the next course was promised to be even more delicious. And let me tell you, it was. My mouth is watering just describing it to you. Heaped tall on a plate, the spaghetti was drenched in the best garlic, oil sauce I have ever tasted and topped with little cut up basil leaves. It was rich and perfectly gooey with garlic that tasted as fresh as I’m sure it was. The cheese added even more flavor, but didn’t over power the meal. I tried so hard to finish the whole thing, but had to stop when I felt like I was going to explode. If I could go back right now and eat more of that spaghetti, I would, I would eat it all day long.

            Stella had not only great food, but also a great atmosphere, and looking out at the streets of Boston it provides a fun and modern mood. The waiters were friendly and the food was delicious to say the least. For a new experience in Italian food, I’d say Stella is the place to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment