Thursday, March 14, 2013

Mistral, reviewed by Marc Foster


Good Food, Good Friends, Great Time by Marc Foster
            The Mistral restaurant is a high end French restaurant located in Boston. Walking into the restaurant there is a sense of formality, and precision to the atmosphere. The guests, the waiters everybody is dressed up. The waiter came around and collected our glasses that we did not need. Effortlessly he fitted around 12 glasses into his hand, without dropping a single one, while also explaining the menu to us. The menu was fantastic, and I kept on changing my order in my head.
            For an appetizer, I had a squash mushroom pizza. The squash made the pizza sweet and the cheese and mushroom had just enough savory in it to not make the pizza taste like a dessert. After having the appetizer I was very excited for the entrée.
            The food came out relatively fast. The waiters in between politely cleaned up our places and filled our drinks. On seeing what other people got I envied their choices. However, when the rack of lamb was put onto my place I immediately knew I had gotten the right choice. The lamb was perfectly cooked, and since I had never had lamb before it was perfect way to introduce myself to this meat. The portions were perfect, not too big and not too small. I was not overly full and after my entrée I knew there was room for dessert.
            The waiters came around and gave us the dessert menu, politely asking us if we had any questions. The waiters were perfectly politely and made enough small talk for us to get to know them but not for them to intrude on our meal. I decided on dessert, get an apple crostada. It came just as quickly as the rest of the meal, and was warm and perfectly cooked. The food was so well presented that it was hard to eat it first, but when I took the first bite no one could stop me from finishing everything.
            The meal was fantastic. The lighting was perfect at the beginning, a little too dark by the end, but not enough to not enjoy conversation with friends. I would highly recommend this restaurant. The atmosphere, food, and décor all invite for a very good time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment